Thursday, January 8, 2015

For Future Reference

I've been pondering these words for a long while, 
And it seems that everyday that passes by I can't help but feel jilted but this lifetime. 
When we were young we had so much to hope for, back when the world was green and filled with possibility. 
But now as I trudge on I can't help but be cynical to this whole idea of living and dreaming as the norm would see fit. 
I miss the days when laughter was free and our hearts held no grudge, 
As we have grown jovial comradely is rare and our once pure hearts grew black with despair. 
I don't wish to live in the past but how can I live in a future of which I see no good? 
It's as if the days we used to laugh and giggle away take a century to pass, 
And the very glue which held us together is now the reason we are on opposite ends. 
If only words could bring us back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment