Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Shores of Time

Close your eyes, and what do you see?
Hear? 
Smell? 
To each their own, as is common in today's reality. 
But what if we could see deeper, closer into another's reality? 
A place once entrenched in blood and tears and sweat has become peaceful.
Tovarisch.
Through the battles, the sun began to rise above the blood moon, 
chasing away the shadows, encompassing my eyes with light.
If only my peace could be shared. 
The demons we once fought together no longer linger behind my eyes, 
only yours.
If the scars we bear could be outgrown, pushed away from memory,
would you still be so blankly staring into oblivion?  
The shores I walk hungrily envelope my footsteps,  but avoid yours altogether.
Dorogoy,  come back to me. 
No longer do we need to battle our ways through time, 
not when safety is our present, and our future. 
Hold my hand, and let me show you,
that this love is nothing to fear.



Tovarisch: Russian for 'comrade', used mostly in the USSR
Dorogoy: Russian for 'darling' 

No comments:

Post a Comment