Thursday, January 23, 2014

At the end of all things.

Today, I missed you a bit.
As I reflect upon MY humanity-
I realized that I am just that...human.
When I was younger, I was convinced we were something divine,
God- Like.
But now, upon inspection , I realize I am simply mortal,
Divinity does not brush my skin with it's loving caress of immortality.
We pretended we were gods, two spirits bound together by the love of eternity.
When in all actuality, we were two beings bound together for the love of a child.
Our child.
If I could just get you to listen, to see..
My heart began growing in my stomach, only to be lost..
If only you could understand that you became my heart,
walking outside of my body, in our unborn baby's stead.
They say a mothers love knows no bounds,
But what of the mothers that lose their little ones to their own bodies?
If you could just feel as I do,
for one moment.
To breathe in the feelings, the emotions, that I do,
would you understand?
We are not immortal.
We are living, breathing, volatile human beings who are in need of love
And I still love you, even after all this.


No comments:

Post a Comment