Monday, January 6, 2014

Frankenstein's Pride

There's so much I want to say,
And this time, I just don't know how to say it.
I miss you,
But I hate you.
I'm so ashamed.
But not of what I've done, 
but by what's been done to me.
Pride, it's a tricky thing. 
Instead of getting the help I so desperately need,
I'd rather just hide it all away. 
I wish that one day you could see past these scars, 
these mistakes, 
this shame.
I've made my fair share of mistakes,
there is no denying that. 
I've created a monster in you,
like Frankenstein created his Monster. 
There's no one to witness, but you and I.
For once in my life, I wish I had put the chemistry set down, 
stopped creating the perfect soldier,
and looked after the little girl within.
You once said I hurt him first,
yet,
you lied.
I know you did.
I want to stop playing this game in the worst way,
and just live our lives out, 
together. 
But it looks like you've made your choice,
and I, mine. 
I'm sorry, comrade, 
but I'm done trying to fix something that you insist isn't broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment