Monday, January 6, 2014

Glass House

This is all that's left of me, 
so take away the pieces till I have none left for myself. 
Today is the day of new skies, 
so come closer to me and help me capture the clouds with my bare hands,
for my skin has become so transparent that even 
the sun reflects my sorrows.....

Allow this piercing pain to hide beneath my pride, 
so that it does not reflect into my eyes, keep my monster at bay with your fantasies, 
so I do not wear out my cover so quickly, 
hold my heart closer to your eyes, 
and please look past the
pain in which I have endured so that I may enjoy your company once more....

Wipe away the past that clouds your filmy eyes, 
Lull me to sleep by your sweet lullabies, 
Keep the silver from my wrists so I do not cry red, 
Place your heart between me and the blade, 
Which will surely slice away my sanity, 
Which will surelyslit away this throat.....

Today is the day that I will bend my pride and hold back my tongue, 
I will kiss the floor beneath my toes, and lock away my lust, 
Bend my arm behind my back to hold away my sarcastic defense. 
If only you could see you as I do, if only you
could see the world through my eyes, 
maybe then you'd understand the memories that I wish that didn't leave traces.....

Like a glass doll in a glass house, 
and I'm not the one throwing rocks, 
worlds around me fall, 
and don't let me feel the joy on falling down just to spite me.

I'm sorry I'm not perfect, 
I'm sorry I'm not God, 
I'm sorry I can't give you the love you deserve, 
maybe next time I should just pull the trigger for you rather 
than trying to take away the gun.....

It's time to take a break and breathe,
but when the time comes 
I can't get you off my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment