Wednesday, January 29, 2014

An almost-mother's lament

When brought to my attention,
I realize my sins had come back to bite me square in the ass.
Now, after reflecting upon my sins, do I see the complete consequences of my actions.
Ninty days have given me such clairity.
And such pain.
To have upon your conscious the ending of something that had barely even begun, really does a number to a person's strength and sobriety.
After all the time, it still reduces me to a sniveling mess .
Such sins hold power of our humanity ,
over MY humanity,
but instead of picking the poison of my greatest sin, I will learn to live without.
I will learn to live with my mistakes, instead of drowning in them.
Since I have learned to be strong, I can slowly accept my feelings.
The despair of losing you quickly followed by the loss of our most beautiful creation.
Two years have passed and my sorrow is still great.
So many "what if's" pass through my mind, but slowly, I will regain my footing.
Words fueled by hate have separated us,
but I will never forget what we almost had.



No comments:

Post a Comment